Council House, Brasov - details and images
Council House, Brasov, an important architectural monument in the city of Brasov, was originally just a surveillance tower, whose bases were those of the existing tower.
On 23 December 1420 concluding an Agreement between the District Assembly Barsa and furrier guild house on Town Hall building. The document states that have allowed Brasov furrier guild representatives of the nine common "Barsa Province" to build sales over the guild vault room for "giving justice" and for meetings of the magistrate. However, because of the Turkish invasion of 1421, the destruction of the city and the city magistrate's arrest, this project will be delayed.
The building was turned into City Hall as the city grew. Thus, the following statement appears on the Town Hall in Brasov in 1503, being referred to as "Praetorium.
Construction has experienced over the years, many changes, many of which are due to damage caused by natural events:
* July 5 1608 - Lightning strikes a tower of Town Hall House, the fire could not be extinguished until the fire was poured wine, vinegar and milk;
* 17 June 1662 - a powerful earthquake affecting the Council House, the tower would collapse in two thirds;
* 24 July 1682 - a storm strikes again "tower trumpeter" (so called because a trumpet announcing the passing of each hour);
* 21 April 1689 - the great fire (caused by the Habsburg forces besieging the city) destroys a large part of the building. After nearly a century, in 1780, ending the House Hall reconstruction, in baroque style, about the form we know today. At that time, the front loggia and add famous Seal of Brasov.
City Administration to move from this building in 1876, a new building located in the Republic and Sadoveanu interesecţia streets.
In the early twentieth century, The Council House would be demolished and replaced with a modern office building. This was avoided only because a strong media campaign to maintain the old monument. Last modified Architectural House counsel took place during 1909 - 1910, when the roof was replaced by the current Baroque pyramidal roof with colored tiles. Since 1950, the building houses the County Museum of History.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.