Fortified Church Vine Valley - details and images
Vine Valley City is located in the northern county of Sibiu, a distance of 14 km. The town of Medias, county road Motiş 142g - Vine Valley - DN14. The village is located in an area known wine.
Vine Valley is mentioned for the first time in history in 1305, after the death comitelui Apafi, owner of the village, as the terra Baromlak, names that could be translated from Hungarian as housing for cattle, but could also be a form of the name magyarised Saxon.
Vine Valley is one of the most impressive fortified churches in Transylvania. St. Peter's Church, built in the twelfth century, was amplified and fortified in the fifteenth century and sixteenth century, the works being completed in roughly 1520. Surrounded by a strong ring of walls and towers, the church itself has reduced the appearance of a giant, with a tower above the choir and a tower on the west. It seems that the Vine Valley was once an old Romanesque church, whose traces could be observed under the floor of the vestry.
It is assumed that the building was only 10 feet long, less than half the length of the church today. The first mention of a village church, which has not left anything is done in 1414. The new building is among the most impressive in Transylvania, imposing the harmony of architectural forms and aesthetics. Fortification started rising around 1500 by the choir and west tower. Irregular oval enclosure was reinforced with three towers and a gate house, and inside was lined with watch road.
During the fourteenth century were started work on the Virgin Mary church in Gothic style. Her room is small and has a vaulted ceiling with an intricate network of ribs, which is based on seven pairs of poles ADOS walls, the choir also has a ceiling of a kind. At the beginning of the sixteenth century, the church has undergone some changes.
The hall was built with a floor of protection, which was equipped with battlements. North and south entrances were defended with towers, slightly lagging behind the porch. Below them are many spiral staircases a round tower that reaches to the floor strengthened. There is a third round turret, this time near the buttress from the southwest corner of the room, which can climb into the belfry. The church is surrounded by a single oval precinct in which you enter through an arched passageway located in the west, which could be locked with hers. There are still three towers on the sides, in the four cardinal points. The walls reach 6-7 feet tall and have holes shot ramparts and supported by consoles. In 1738, the church suffered some damage due to an earthquake, the repairs were completed in 1742.
Renovations are in 1781 and 1826. The church is surrounded by one wall of the enclosure, from which they were kept four towers (bastions). Eastern tower is dated 1501, and the date can be built inside the wall that kept watch road arch, especially in the south, better preserved than the northern. The church keeps the pews from 1528, the shrine in 1779, forged by Stephan Folberth of Sighisoara, the canopy of the pulpit in 1746 and organized 1708, both baroque.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.