The historical center has many baroque palaces. Grassalkovich Palace, built around 1760, is now residing in the Slovak President, while the Slovak government has its headquarters in the former Archbishop's Palace. In 1805, Napoleon I of France and emperors
of Francis II of the Roman-German Empire signed the fourth Peace of Pressburg in Primate's Palace.
One of the most prominent structures in the city is Bratislava Castle, on a plateau 85 m above the Danube.
Castle Ruins Devín Devín is above a cliff where the Morava River, which forms the border between Austria and Slovakia, the Danube flows.
Rusovce mansion, with its English park, is located in the district Rusovce. The house was originally built in the seventeenth century, and transformed into a neo-Gothic mansion in English between 1841 and 1844.
Cathedrals and notable churches include the Gothic St. Martin's Cathedral, built between the thirteenth century and sixteenth century, which served as the coronation church of the Kingdom of Hungary between 1563 and 1830. Franciscan Church, dating from the
thirteenth century, was a place of ceremonial knighthood. Church of St. Elizabeth, better known as the Blue Church, is built entirely according to Art Nouveau style.
A curiosity is the underground portion (before the earth) restored the cemetery where buried Hebrew century Rabbi Moses Sofer nineteenth century at the foot of the castle hill, close to entering a tram tunnel.
Other prominent structures in the twentieth century include (New Bridge) Nový Most on the Danube, which has a restaurant in the tower-shaped UFO, Slovak Radio headquarters in inverted pyramid and Kamzík TV tower with a unique design that has an observation
deck and revolving restaurant. At the beginning of the XXI century buildings transformed us have traditional view of the city. Construction boom has meant construction of new public buildings, such as Apollo and Most new Slovak National Theatre building.
Due to its location at the foot of Little Carpathians and its riparian vegetation on the floodplains of the Danube, Bratislava has forests close to downtown.
The largest park is Horský Park (literally "Mountainous Park), the Old Town followed by Bratislavský lesný park (Bratislava Forest Park), located in the Little Carpathians. On the right bank of the Danube in Petržalka district, Janko KRAL Park is the first
public park in Europe, founded between 1774 and 1776.
Bratislava Zoo is located in Mlynská Valley, near the headquarters of Slovak Television. The zoo, founded in 1960, currently hosts 152 species of animals, including the very rare white lion.
Botanical Gardens, which belong to Comenius University, can be found on the Danube, and home to over 120 species of domestic, foreign or exotic.
The city has many natural and artificial lakes, mostly used for recreational purposes. Examples include the Ružinov Štrkovec Lake, Kuchajda in Nové Mesto, Zlate Vajnory Piesky and lakes in the north-east and south Rusovce lake, naturist appreciated