Guadix is part of the province of Granada, Spain, and is famous for its cave houses where over 10,000 people live. They were built in the 16th century and represent the main miracle of this city, placing it first in Europe.
Granada was formerly known as the "jewel in the crown of the moor." The town is near the Sierra Nevada, where high mountains and spectacular places give a majestic air.
Granada has been colonized by native tribes in prehistoric times, being known as Ilbyr.
When the Romans colonized southern Spain have build there own way the city and called it Illibris. Granada name was given by the Arabs in the Eighth century when they invaded the peninsula. Granada was the last city fell under the occupation of an Arab Christian in 1492, under the reign of Queen Isabel of Castile and her husband, Fernando de Aragón.