Brukenthal museum - details and images

Museum Brukental "officially Opened to the public in 1817, is located in Brukental Palace, built between 1778-1788 by Baron Samuel von Brukenthal.

Located in the historic city of Sibiu, the complex comprises Brukenthal Brukenthal Palace, Natural History Museum, Museum of History, History of Pharmacy Museum, the Museum of Arms and Hunting Trophies.

Building Brukenthal Palace, the historic center of diversity, specifically in the Big Square, is one of the most important Baroque monuments in Romania. Was built in several stages, between 1778-1788, and was the original destination residence Brukenthal Baron, and the space dedicated to its collections.

The facade of the palace building extant Brukenthal family crest (coat of arms, often found in pictures on postcards or postal books Sibiu).
Baroque salons, receptions and musical evenings spaces, keep the original parts of the Palace: rococo and neoclassical-style stoves, red silk wallpaper, paper and painted in the oriental style, Murano glass chandeliers and furniture of eighteenth-century Transylvania, all are original elements that can be viewed at the museum in Great Square. Palace Art Gallery and Library hosts Brukenthal.

The collection includes nearly 1,000 prints in German schools, Austrian, Flemish, Dutch, Italian, French, English and Swiss. Other albums included 2000 charts illustrate the famous collections of the eighteenth century, in Paris, Vienna, Dresden, Rome, Düsseldorf and London.
Over time the museum's collections have been enriched by purchases and donations. The first printed catalog of pinocotecii actually the catalog of the gallery manuscript was edited in 1844 and was signed by the painter Franz Neuhauser jr.

The inventory consists of 1070 shows a pinacoteque paintings and housed in 15 rooms on the second floor of the palace.
Currently Brukenthal halls of the Palace became a real art museum are exhibits from the National Art Gallery.

Information source