Cezar Petrescu Memorial Museum - details and images
The "Cezar Petrescu" Memorial House is a county museum in Bușteni, located in Str. Tudor Vladimirescu no. 1. Section of the Prahova County Museum of History and Archeology, the "Cezar Petrescu" Memorial Museum in Busteni opened on December 17, 1967, in the house in which the writer stayed in 1937.
The interior of the house, keeping the old style undisturbed: rustic furniture, old bark, Romanian ceramics, statues and paintings, over 10,000 volumes of books, newspapers and magazines, reveals to Cezar Petrescu two major features: the appreciation for popular art and his great passion. for the book. At the entrance to the museum the visitor is greeted by signs of Cezar Petrescu's friendship with the plastic artists of the time: statues of the three martyrs Horia, Cloșca and Crișan, given to the writer by the sculptor Oscar Han, or paintings signed by Iser, Jiquidi or Demian. The living room illustrates through the objects exhibited here, the writer's love for popular art and good taste: furniture worked in a folk style, ceramic from Transylvania, an icon on glass. Two paintings signed by Bilțiu- Dăncuș complete this interior. In the reception desk, the furniture was specially ordered according to the taste of the writer, the carpet was made in the most authentic Oltenic style and the curtains worked ornamentally on molten cloth. The library has over 1,700 volumes, most of them in French. The second floor of the house is the place where the writer retired to work. The work room (winter office) keeps the writer's work table, armchair and daily writing tools, ashtray (he was a passionate smoker), canteen and coffee service. The summer office was represented by the veranda, where there was one last article on the work table, and next to it, on a round table, is still watching the coffee service, along with cigarettes and medicines. Except for the bedroom, in all the rooms at this level of the house, there are libraries, housing the 10,000 volumes, as many as the writer's library. 
The museum building is declared a historical monument. The building was built in 1918 by the family of lawyers Elena and Dionisie Hobilescu, where they lived temporarily, until 1937, when it was bought by Cezar Petrescu, who lived here with the family between 1937 and 1961.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.