Cotroceni Museum - Bucharest - details and images
Prince Serban Cantacuzino (1678 - 1688) raised between 1679 - 1681, west of the city of Bucharest, the most important foundation of his whole Cotroceni. In it was easy to see the church "Assumption" - like typical Episcopal Church in Curtea de Arges - and the magnificent royal palace, built in Baroque spirit - specifically Western European civilization at the time.
In terms of architecture, all of Cotroceni reference has several times: the first is related to the founder's name Serban Cantacuzino (1678-1688), the second dates from the reign of Ştirbei Barbu Dimitrie (1849 - 1853.1854-1856) which 1852, restore and modernize it, set the Cotroceni garden (one of the great gardens of the capital), will build the princely palace (1893-1895) by French architect Paul Gottereau, but unfortunately, due to low resistance of the palace, where earthquake of 1977 will be a new phase, when the palace was largely rebuilt, unlike medieval buildings that have withstood the weather adversities, then all stood and a new wing that houses the Romanian Presidency headquarters.
If over time Cotroceni served as royal residence, in 1895, the new palace, built by the Romanian state, was intended to Crown Prince Ferdinand of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen. After the Great Union, the palace has undergone changes and additions made by architect Gregory Cerchez. Princess and later Queen Mary left the unmistakable impression Cotroceni one, personalized stamp bearing his spirit clearly artistic leanings.
Cotroceni Ensemble is a unique case in its city of Bucharest (and in the national territory) as the multiplicity of its component parts, different in terms of functionality and use. Its uniqueness is reflected by the fact that, over time, the whole construction Cotroceni integrate a wide variety of secular character (royal palace - later transformed into a new one, for the heir to the throne of Romania, the old royal cellars - existing today, flag or pavilion, palace annexes, riding, car shed, gardener's house, greenhouse, Ms. Elena Asylum), military (obahta - the guard), ecclesiastical (Monastery: cells, cuhniile, refectory - dining hall, bell tower, the church - the song central egumeneşti homes, asylum chapel - painted Tattarescu), rail (train royal), exotic (Native American home park located in the Palace), cemeteries (of the little princess Maria Davila husbands), a vast garden (part will become a botanical garden), field exercises and military solemnities, the barrier town of the same name.
Cotroceni is the only residence in the whole Romanian territory that has had the longest use from the late seventeenth century until today.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.