Cozia Monastery - details and images
Cozia Monastery, situated 5 km from the resort Calimanesti on the right bank of the Olt River and approx. 20 km north of Rm.Valcea, was built between 1387-1388 by Mircea the Old, at the advice of Tismana monk scholar Nicodemus, "Mircea get the divine counselor. Tails monastery was consecrated on 18 May 1388, by Nicodemus himself whose face is painted in the south of the narthex. As the monastery, tails was organized under the direct supervision of Tismana Nicodemus. He called the first known abbot of documents, Gabriel Chir Ieromonahul undoubtedly a disciple. Gabriel Popa, abbot of the monastery Calimanesti, together with all the leadership and some of the older monks, proceed to the tails since the first year. Originally called "Monastery Nucet" but later named "tails" after the nearby mountain, to the left of Olt.
The cells were built by Mircea Voda suffered during the ages, many changes. Bibescu Stirbei rulers and restore their buildings and between 1848-1856. Also when two pavilions were built, leaving only one day left, which was the royal summer residence. Between 1958-1962, the monastic compound was fully restored, strengthening all the cells and the two chapels. After 1970, central heating was introduced and the church was covered with sheets of bronze, with Ramnic Bishop and Abbot Archimandrite PC Gamaliil Vaida endeavor.
Cross on the steeple is the time of Mircea the Old. The church preserves Constantin Brancoveanu gifted chandeliers. In the narthex, Prince Mircea the tombs of monks and Theophanes, mother of Michael the Brave, a nun after the death of her son, who died in 1605. Tombstone of the ruler is a copy of the original and dates from 1938.
Church painting was done in fresco, in 1390-1391. It was preserved only in the narthex. In the nave and the altar painting was worked throughout the fresco, in 1707, during repair work done on time completion of the monastic Serban Cantacuzino industriously. Preda was restored by the painter and his sons, Michael and Sima Ianache. In 1984-1986 it was restored throughout the whole wall.
In the body of the buildings on the eastern side was a museum which showcases coins, old prints, ornaments and objects of worship, among which may be mentioned: the epitaph of 1396, a gospel of 1644 printed by Bishop Barlaam, the Psalter in verse Dosoftei's - 1673, a priest's surplice Radu cap, which Cuza-civil craters named here.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.