Dosoftei House - Iasi - details and images

"The house with arcade on the street is one of Anastasius Panu first building gives us a unified picture of the evolution of royal residences.
Known as the "House Dosoftei" because one time housed the printing press Metropolitan Dosoftei, this ancient house, in the first half of the seventeenth century is a tall building, with arched and rectangular windows, an open porch with tall and slender columns, the towers farms, consisting of two vaulted rooms, preceded to the street, a tall portico with five arches.
Vis-a-vis the Church and the Royal Palace of Culture, House and she remained Dosoftei witnessed the joys and sufferings of "going out" of the former main street.
St. Nicholas Church Royal House Dosoftei were surrounded by a protective wall whose remains are seen in front of the hotel wall Moldova and old house destined Literature Museum, after restoration in 1970.

The house was inhabited by Metropolitan Dosoftei (1671-1686), immortalized by the statue made by Iftimie Barleanu sheltered and brought to the U.S. second printing.
Dosoftei Metropolitan is one of the greatest scholars who contributed to the Romanian literary language, the man who translated the Psalms "in Romanian. Originally the house was part of the Royal Monastery of St. Nicholas. Today the building houses the Department of Romanian Literature Museum Ancient Roman Literature.

Exhibits in the museum are arranged so that it follows the development of ancient Roman literature in Iasi.
Here are many original exhibits of the oldest manuscript containing the Chronicle attributed to Gregory Ear.
The materials presented in Slavonic literature reveals early period, calligraphy and miniature art, early printing in Iasi (Romanian Book of Wisdom "or" boilers "," Bible of Bucharest ") and Metropolitan Dosoftei work (the lyrics hired Psalter) , start writing in Romanian, "Letter Neacsu" and "Apostle", the oldest exhibit dating Romanian.

The building was restored between 1962-1968 Department of Historical Monuments and the Museum was inaugurated on 7 August 1970.
Architectural monument, the House Dosoftei let you understand the power of expression that stones have become works of art, while appreciating the ideals and aspirations for the good of generations past. It lets you figure out, to imagine and guess a world that no longer exists, but the root which has grown and developed our world today ..

Information source