Ethnographic Museum Haszmann Pal - details and images

Cernat Village Museum was named after the founder's Pal Haszmann. The museum was developed in the Upper Cernat in Damokos Gyula's curia, the park and gardens that surround it. In the years 1950-1970 the curia lived his last moments, neglected, in a degraded state, abandoned when local leaders and state authorities have decided to turn it into a cultural institution, in a museum.

Curia was built between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries, welcoming and neoclasicist appearance in 1831. Land for more than two hectares and many rooms curious provide a unique opportunity to establish open-air ethnographic museum. The institution opened its doors to the public on February 25, 1973.

All this time link the "birth" of two other institutions: School of People's Cultural Association Cernat "Bod Péter" in Cernica.

Character of open-air ethnographic museum is given by the houses and carved gates, water mill houses, folk architecture typical Székely - all moved Haszmann Pál Museum garden. Székely houses were built of wood, shingle roof with two slopes. These typical houses with rain shaddow Székely had more room and veranda. Houses furnished with furniture, original materials and artifacts of rural life of yesteryear atmosphere revoked, as the old gates of the Székely region and relocated Háromszék restored to their original shape.

Presentation past beekeeping in the region is in itself a valuable collection, the museum is an interesting attraction in the open. Vestiges of the built heritage, carved wooden funerary pillars, crosses, and tombstones cemeteries reflect the original image Székely in our region. Support beams carved and engraved, stone monuments, medieval and door frames and window are all treasures to be seen, urging them to tell us about the time of another time, about the people who created them.

Permanent exhibition presenting the history of the region and village. Life and work of prominent personalities in the area is also a significant and instructive collection. In the courtyard of the museum are displayed the busts of Péter Bod and Antal Vegh, renowned Cernatul sons.

One of the most valuable collections of open-air ethnographic museum is an exhibition of old farm machinery and tools, which are meant to present the past, material and spiritual remains gospodăritului. The collection includes steam engines, threshing sets, tractors, motor engines, machinery for farming, respectively, numerous single farm tools, vintage.

In the curia Damokos vaulted cellar, which dates from late medieval Hungarian art exhibition was installed wrought iron, so-called "museum of stoves." This includes not only objects but also iron stoves decorative "wonderful cast" artistic and other household items related to religion and funerary culture. Ancient objects dating from the XVII-XVIII, and comes mostly from the nineteenth century, the golden age of wrought iron, the most famous foundries in Transylvania.

Exhibition of art history, the radio is also a valuable collection of the museum. Among the oldest devices find Galen detector equipped with radios with headphones. Among the many receivers can admire and recorders and reproducing apparatus, telephones, gramophones and turntables from the 1920 vintage, 1930 until today. He managed the commissioning of more than eighty percent of these devices, to the delight of visitors, may be heard.

"Under the same roof" with museum work and sieving People's School, also more than thirty-two years expected from April to October and receives hundreds of young people eager to know and learn traditional crafts - wood sculpting, furniture painting, spinning and weaving, carpentry, joinery, craft of wheelwright and blacksmithing art, building and sculpting,carved gates etc.

Information source