Gutters Hermitage - details and images
Gutters Hermitage is an Orthodox monastery in the village of High Peak, Stoenesti village, Valcea. The lovely church of the hermitage, dedicated to the Virgin Birth, the convent houses a communal prayers always for the good of the world and the salvation of all.
Hermitage is located northwest of Ramnicu Valcea, Ramnicu Valcea served by road - Olanesti. From the city of Valcea, bus, takes up to 19 kilometers up in the village of High Peak (formerly Cucova), then on a forest road, until near the hermitage. Municipal road access is 160, Ramnicu Valcea - Pausesti Maglasi - Neghinesti - Suseni, or directly from Stoenesti town situated on National Road 67.
Hermitage is located in a steep valley surrounded by forested hills with deciduous species. Massive forest hermitage which is located northwest of the villages and Deleni High Peak. The High Peak is reached and a pedestrian trail to the monastery (the shortcut) in one hour and twenty minutes.
Gutters Hermitage is a very old place of hermitage. The settlement here, get them the farthest beginning was not made for a communal, be it how small, but one man, because there is no room for even a garden, growing vegetables and flowers on the terraces made with dig.
The inscription says that the church sanctuary is built on the site where there were two other wooden churches, one dating from 1300, while Bob Black, and another in 1600, rebuilt in 1640 by Metropolitan Theophilus, during the reign of Matei Basarab . Both were destroyed. The present church of stone wall was built in 1827.
Pomelnicul, writing in the wall of prothesis, which I certainly on the old copy with the necessary additions, beginning with "OL 1300". However, the first name is that of Radu Negru, followed by Mihai Mircea Dan. The fact is that when stopped by Nicodemus, the place was empty troughs, but he found a hermit, a continuation of traditions pustnicesti Who knows what next spring with sulfurous water.
Among the founders are mentioned scribe Matthew, whose name is linked to recovery time of Matei Basarab Hermitage, Metropolitan Theophilus, bishop Hilarion and Lovers. The main founders of the nineteenth century, are two cousins: Ion Popa Andronescu of Cucova, Ioan Popa, the key and Daniel, monk of Zmeuret.
Hermitage has been endowed by its founders with large expanses of land lost to the secularization of the monasteries in 1864. Around the Hermitage buildings and annexes have been, untidy, were demolished.
Gutters church keeps the wall of stone and brick-shaped vessel. It altar, nave and porch light. The porch is supported by six pillars of thick wall. Between the nave and the nave is a wall that allows a higher opening as a door. The iconostasis is made of masonry and is integral with side walls of the church. No steeple.
The painting is the fresco in the Byzantine style, being executed by Constantin Ilie Teius Painter Painter of the village anymore. According to the inscription signed by the painter Constantin "Zmiorat", the church was completed in 1826, and the painting in 1828, the year is kept on the eastern front by the artist signature "Ilie ot Teius Painter."
The church was designed in 1828 was painted gutters by Elijah of Teius and Constantine "Zmeuratu" profane scenes without being monastic seat. Foundation is entirely painted facades.
Outside, the walls are surrounded by a belt which is above the median painted niches. The windows are small, open interior. The church is covered with tin. No bell. The bell is placed on two metal pillars, fixed in concrete.
Buildings around the hermitage were built in 1932, from 1963 to 1968, with donations collected by the Christians in the surrounding villages, the contribution of the Patriarchs holy site and the Diocese. Large cells and abbey building is located on higher ground, about 50 meters towards west of the church and to reach it, climb up the concrete steps of a staircase.
Renovated in 1940 and 1970, the settlement is now electrified. The church is frequented by tourists and believers, because sulfur water springs, captured here in ancient times.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.