House Baniei- Craiova - details and images

In the whirlwind of history, the old foundation was set on fire several times, passed various rulers and administration and "suffered", according to his needs, changes, additions and deletions architecture.

Thus, between 1718 - 1739, Casa money becomes established Austrian government, which strengthens the defense. In 1750, the building is taken over by Prince Grigore Ghica Râmnic Diocese. Since 1850, the building became headquarters for the various institutions of the city: Craiova Court, Buzeşti Brothers High School, local seminar, the State Archives. Since 1933, the building will house the Oltenia Museum until 1948, when he used by Metropolitan of Oltenia.

Since 1966, the old architectural monument hosts Brancovan Ethnography Museum of Oltenia.

Ethnography organizes: pemanente and temporary exhibitions including ethnographic documentary values, traditional and contemporary art from their property or other institutions; sessions, symposia, meetings with specialists, book launches, film screenings and other ethnographic action look and metamuzeale.

Among the collections department include: collection of traditional occupations (1,400 songs), folk collection (2,600 artifacts), ceramic collection (2000 pieces), the collection of carpets and rugs (300 pieces), the collection of interior fabrics (400 pieces), collection of customs (icons, objects of worship - piss 400), collection "Maria Tanase" (1400 documents and artifacts), etc..

Ethnography gives the public: information specialist bibliographies on the patterns and values of traditional culture and arts, specialty publications edited by the specific ethno-folk museum, including Oltenia directory, education and communication, ethnography, and other publicity materials: leaflets, guidebooks, postcards, etc.., contemporary works of traditional art (ceramics, icons, fabrics, painted eggs, musical instruments, etc.). traditonal art and objects, for sale through the store "in a stack of pots."

Information source