Iron Gates Natural Park - Danube Clisura - details and images
Iron Gates Natural Park follows the Danube over a length of about 140 km and has an area of 115 655 of territories belonging to partially hectare.ocupand Caras-Severin and Mehedinti counties in southern and Almajului Locvei Mountains and Plateau in southwestern Tripura. There were established 18 nature reserves.
Natural Park are the limits of the navigable channel of the Danube to the south, the river Nera in the west, the watershed of the rivers Danube tributary to the North (part) and a sinuous line that starts downstream of the mouth until the peak Motarat Valley to the east.
Iron Gates Natural Park is located in the Danube Gorge, in the south-west of Romania is designated as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and Heritage.
Iron Gates Natural Park boasts a lush biodiversity, which has made this a protected natural area is recognized both nationally and internationally. The climate, pedology, petrography, geomorphology, impact on their Danube, but also the social context created unique places that have preserved over the centuries characteristics of specific habitats.
As a robe worn by centuries, but always refreshed, the forest takes the Mountains mountain massifs and Locvei Almaj to 80%, although the slopes, which has created the Danube road, naked, unfavorable impression of places, perhaps even repulsive. But just think! These nearly vertical sides, mostly in limestone, are populated with many species endemic, rare, blades of grass, shrubs and fragrant flowers, which seemed to bear the secret world of Genesis.
Flora characteristic of the Iron Gates Natural Park, with a mixture of boreal flora, mountain Mediterranean native, is the lowering in elevation of mountains and climbing elements of southern elements (R. Calinescu, S. Iana, 1964). Thus, thermal inversion makes beech - Fagus sylvatica - know the lowest elevation in the country Mraconiei Valley, yew - Taxus baccata - tertiary relict on heroically guarding the slopes of the Great boilers, blueberry - Vaccinium myrtillus - Trescovăţului populate the bare rocks.
Iron Gates Gorge gained prestige because of the known species of flora flora of our country, present in the Danube Gorge.
Diversity of habitats created favorable conditions for developing a rich fauna species of fish, reptiles, birds, mammals and rare in the rest of Europe which brings us an important ecological balance.
Iron Gates Natural Park offers visitors many attractions and vertical limestone walls, raise the waters of the Danube, and massive volcanic caves are unique creations of nature.
Owned geological complexity, biological diversity and cultural relics are the Iron Gates Natural Park, a scientific heritage and landscape with a widespread international popularity.
Among the tourist activities that can be deployed in the Iron Gates Natural Park can be mentioned:
* Mountain Tourism (marked tourist trails - PEMI route, which connects all the villages inhabited by the Czechs in the Iron Gates Natural Park);
* Cruises on the Danube (Orsova departing from);
* Scientific Tourism (plant and animal species protected);
* Birdwatching (in the wetlands west of the Iron Gates Natural Park);
* Caving (Park in the limestone areas: boilers Danube Coronini-Moldova-Garni, Sirin);
* Fishing (on the Danube - catfish, carp, inner starlet and rivers - trout);
* Hunting (waterfowl, deer, wild boar, bear, wild cat);
* Celebrate traditional festivities (Neda, celebrations of minorities);
* Traditional cuisine (fish specialties, sweets);
* Danube Water sports (canoeing, kayaking, jet skis);
* Cclism touring and mountain biking;
* Cross-country (forest roads);
* Cultural sites (archaeological, religious);
* Mori Eliseva water from the valleys, Povalina, SICHEVITA;
* Museums (museums, ethnographic and religious);
* Visiting the villages populated by ethnic Czech and Serbian
Access roads to get to the park are diverse:
- Air access (from airports Timisoara and Craiova);
- Road access (the E70 road between the towns Drobeta-Turnu Severin and Orsova and continue with DN 57 between Orsova and Bazias)
- River access (through ports Orsova and Moldova and other new berths, as Drencova, Sviniţa and Tisovita)
- Access to rail (railway stations in Drobeta-Turnu Severin and Orsova)
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.