Monastery Crumbled - details and images
Ensemble crumbled monastery, situated in the village Francesti crumbled village, Valcea county, 12 km from the railway station and 3 km Babeni Monastery "In a Wood", is dated to the early eighteenth century, being enrolled in historical monuments. The monastery is built on the site of another church built in his time Neagoe, Tudor Stanciu Dragoescu and his brother, the nation Buzesti landowners.
Between 1703-1706, Mrs. Mary, wife of Prince Constantin Brancoveanu, rebuilt the old church foundation, also By building around her all the buildings needed a major monasteries. This monastery is dedicated Brancoveneasca Holy Trinity. Later, in 1815 was repaired and repainted by the painter George Gherontie of Hurezi.
Until 1872, the monastery has a rich crumbled activity, both spiritual plane, as well as cultural - art: functioned workshops church, musicologist and writer Anton Pann and worked here From a Monastery and Professor of Wood music as a translator of religious books during 1837-1850. Following the secularization of monastic wealth and lack of funds, after the convent was closed in 1872, reaching a high level of predation, and the nuns moved to a wooden monastery. It worked but the parish church until 1927.
In 1927, the Commission of Historic Monuments, restore all the monastic complex, work that ended in 1935, and by designing the cells for 17 nuns. In the years 1958-1959 have been many improvements to the monastic, and after 1984, the church was strengthened and covered with sheets of lead, the instigation and under the PS Gerasimos of Ramnic Diocese.
Church crumbled monastery is a monument of architecture typical Brancoveanu. The interior is divided into the sanctuary, nave (much more spacious than the narthex) and narthex. The nave is separated from the nave by a thick wall with an opening in the middle. Wooden door entrance is beautifully sculpted by Philip carpenter, as shown Bookmarks around her. Open porch is supported by eight large column of stone. It has beautiful painted ceiling. Temple carved, gilded with gold and icons of high price is a true example of art Brancoveanu. The tower is high, perched on the nave. Walls, outside, have three belts median, the middle thicker, twisted and beautifully decorated. Valuable painting, worked in fresco, in 1707, is skilful painters Andrew Joseph Hieromonk work, feeding and Stefan. It noted in particular the portraits of the founders of the church. May also be distinguished by a rare scene, sharing Jesus' clothes.
As objects of artistic value in the church include: front door, beautifully carved, Philip Carpenter, veil, richly carved, wood and lime lace, exquisite art Brancoveneasca copy with the original icons of great price, silver lamps, front veil, great chandeliers given by Mrs. Mary Brancoveanu.
A rich dowry jeweles collection is still in the monastery museum and other museums in the country. Among these: Museum of Fine Arts in Bucharest (Gospel printed in Bucharest in 1693, covered in gold plated silver candle) and the Museum of Art Brancoveneasca - Mogosoaia (a disc of silver, silver amforinta, richly decorated, depicting the Holy Trinity
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.