Panagia Monastery Tourliani - details and images

Located 8 km from the capital island of Ano Mera Monastery Panagia Tourliani takes its name from a priceless icon, made by Evangelist Loukas, who was found floating at sea in the region Tourlos.

The monastery was founded in 1542 and was then called the Church of the Virgin Mary appearance ("Eisodia Panagias tis"). In 1767, the monastery was restored and remained the same since.

Fine art objects, carved in wood, the Temple Church, which were made in Florence in 1775, decorated with angels and flowers rubiconzi are very impressive. From architectural point of view, the monastery has blank lines, linear, with a whitewashed exterior, a dome and a bell colored marble, a sample feature traditional marble sculpture of the Cyclades.

Information source