Saracinesti Monastery - details and images
Here at the confluence with the river Olanesti Cheia Cheia Valley village in the middle which was known until 1964 as Sararcinesti inscription reads, almost 300 years lies in the beating winds and storms Saracinesti former monastery church.
The act of donation made on 7 June 1687 equerry and Martha Tanasie Pausescu nun, her mother, the father of Stephen - Bishop Ramnic results that estate which was built in the middle of church and monastic buildings had been Saracinesti boyars, hence the name remains monastery and the surrounding village - Marta Nun, in laymen be called Mihalcea, Radu Pausescu clucerul wife. The steward's face Nicula Saracinescul Pausescu Tanasie his son inherited the estate from his brother and uncle Saracinesti Tanasie Saracinescul equerry - because "no other body of cocoons remained den," as happened with Tanasie Pausescu from which no was offspring.
Construction began in 1688 in an era of burgeoning art Byzantine church in our country. In 1693 the principal founder dies and Stephen Bishop is buried in the church vestibule that leave unpainted. Bishop of Damascus with Paisie ermonahul, Archimandrite John Hurezi and Dosoftei ermonah, 30 years later in 1718 (7226) brings the Saracinesti on Theodosius, Gheorghe Preda, the same painters who painted the chapel and other establishments Brancovean Hurezi for their committed church painting as it sees today. Foundations that we have mentioned so far are depicted in the church narthex as follows: Bishop Stephen and Bishop of Damascus in the church holding hands above the door, inside, Archbishop John, Paisios and contributors Dosoftei wall painting of the north-day Tanasie vel equerry Saracinescu with his Caplea Ilina, Tanasie Clucerului vel Pausescu with Caplea's rough on the north wall.
From the years 1688-1693 and inventory buildings there:
- The Church in its original form;
- Bell on the wall which you can see the inscription: "Sava 7200 = 1692;
- From the north building of the church, which served as abbot and monks, whose origin is proved by medieval walls and basement construction;
- Small bell, cast for the first time in 1612 and returned in 1930 by Jerome Protosingelos
- A hand locked wooden cross with the inscription: "Stephen Bishop † 7200 = 1692.
In the last days, this facility has been helped by others who have proven love for the holy mansions.
A convent of nuns was until about 1860, then was the monastery of monks until 1873. From 1873 until 1913 was a subsidiary of the parish church and the houses have sheltered key to primary school students who came from neighboring villages: Pausesti, Olanesti and key.
From 1913 until 1960 was the convent of nuns, was closed when abused. Currently serving the church and believers in the village of Cheia Valley homes have been turned into home for the elderly. Ownership of the monastery (church and precinct) has not been restituted even today in spite of steps taken.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.