St Hippolyte's Church - details and images
Saint Hippolyte Church - are the oldest known remnants of Pinzgau region. The church is built in Romanesque style and is largely made up of three naves. Before 1794, the central nave was crowned with a Gothic vault, but in that year was replaced with another vault, which in turn was replaced by a flat wooden roof in 1898. Narthex and nave is Gothic style, but some of the other Gothic items (such as neo-Gothic altars by Josef Bachlehner) were added during the renovation in 1898, where also the previous century baroque furniture was removed.
The highlight of the church is built with the bridge parapet, richly decorated, built in 1514. Bridge is based on four carved columns of precious marble, including a complicated one, the vault is protected by a thorn. Between the arches are Gothic canopy with figures and St. Florian St. Hippolyte, originating in 1520.
The tower is the main objective of Zell am See. It has a height of 36 meters. The exterior walls are solid and are of limestone.
From 1660 until 1670, the main altar was replaced by a Baroque, which was removed again in 1760. Almost none of the furniture of the baroque church has remained, along with some ornaments. Two baroque statues in the church came Priel. Besides the main altar are two statues, dating from 1480: St. Rupert and St. Vigilius. Side shrine contains an image of the Virgin Mary from now non-existent church of Mary Wald, dating from 1540. Nave left has a small shrine dedicated to St. Sebastian.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.