St. James Cathedral - details and images
Cathedral with two towers, rebuilt somewhere between 1717-1724, the place of a Gothic church, designed by Johann Jacob Herkommer. It has a rich baroque interior, part of it executed by the brothers Asam. The most valuable item is the "Madonna with Child" on the high altar, painted by German master Lucas Cranach the Elder.
The cathedral bells rang peace game (Friedensglockenspiel the Carillon). Mortuary monument Crown Prince Maximilian III by German craftsmanship reflects Caspar Gras 1620. With the renovation of the church effectual between 1990 - 1993 was placed a black church congregation gives them the opportunity to pray quietly, away from tourists.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.