St. Margaret Church - Medias - details and images
Recent archaeological surveys have shown that the present church where there was a cemetery dating from the century. XII and subsequently three other sacral buildings of stone. First, it was a Cistercian basilica, in the thirteenth century.
The first documentary mention of the church dates from 1414. New church property was passed in 1545 from Benedictine monks in the Evangelical Lutheran community. For over five centuries, the church becomes the center around which revolves the spiritual life of the Saxon community.
Collateral is the old northern part of the church, belonging to mature Gothic. In the second stage were built sacristy, choir and apse of the choir.
Impress altar triptych in the late fifteenth century, located in the apse of the choir, painted under the influence of the Austrian school of painting.
The eight carved tombstones, located behind the altar, enrich the heritage of the church. The first slab of her first priest and humanist poet Schescheaus Chirstian.
The third stage is the construction of the central and northern collateral.
The fourth step was to extend the church, including the tower.
Church organ, decorated in baroque style, has perfect acoustics, the sound registers 24 and over 1300 pipes.
The church was endowed with many art objects of a religious nature. The oldest item is the font (the oldest object of worship in Transylvania), made of solid bronze. It is embellished with figurative representations arranged in belts 18, and a prominent inscription in Gothic minuscule.
The church tower has a height of 68.5 m and a vertical deviation from 2.28 m.
On three successive tower statues wooden statue of Turre Pitz (Pete from here), which is currently located at the Municipal Museum, the statue of Roland, oak, which was laid in memory of that lucator fell off the roof during repairs. Then, in 1984, Roland was a replica of his REPLACING Pitz.
Besides all the valuable murals and Gothic clock tower indicating moon phase, St. Margaret Church is a fortified building full of history: it was shut Romanian ruler, Vlad Tepes, in 1476, following a dispute with the king of Hungary, Matthias and here Transylvanian prince Stephen Bathory was elected King of Poland.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.