Sulina lighthouse - details and images
National landmark of the city of Sulina lighthouse is located 2.5 km away from the shores of the Black Sea today.
Construction of this lighthouse was established after the establishment of the Danube Commission, the "public act of navigation on the Danube", issued on 2 November 1865 in Galati.
Plans and construction of this objective has been achieved by British engineers and M. Engelhardt Ch Hartley who participated at the realization of plans to build the waterway maintenance and continuous Sulina arm.
Lighthouse construction is done in two stages and completed in 1870, is owned by the Danube Commission.
Between 1856 and 1921, the Commission's headquarters is in Sulina - CED Palace Street, no. 202, then moved to Orsova. After the abolition of the
Commission, Lighthouse Assembly of Sulina is transferred to the Lower Danube River Administration of Galati, after entering the Museum Danube Delta in Tulcea. From here, is taken by the Ministry of Culture in 1991.
Between 1995-1997 the building was restored in 2003 and went into administration Eco-Museum Research Institute Tulcea, being arranged as a museum.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.