Tower of the City Hall - details and images

At level I there is the clock mechanism - called the "mother clock". The clock from the highest quota at fixed times "Iancu's March" and was built at the beginning of the 20th century, in 1904 by a watchmaker named Mezey Dezső.
The watch is made up of four quadrant parts, located at the top on each side of the lens. The front dial, the one facing Criş, was made of thick glass, called a milk glass and was illuminated from behind. After the war, in 1944, the front dial was changed, the glass being replaced with sheet metal, so was the case for the other quadrants.
The clock survived the two World Wars, and the roof and wall of the tower survived the two fires, the first in 1917 and the second in 1944. The clock of the clock still holds traces of bullets during the 1944 war.
The second level presents a panorama from 33.85 m. In "File from the history of Bihor firefighters" vol. II, published in 2001, it is specified that, in 1904, it moves to the tower of the new building of the City Hall. fire observation for the city, which announced by beating in the bell, depending on the area where the fire broke out - New Town 2 beats, West Olosig (ret) 3 beats, East Olosig 4 beats, Velence 5 beats and Velence-South 6 beats. In the observation tower, during the day a red flag was flowing in the direction in which the fire broke out, and at night an electric reflector was lit.
The third level, located at 40.25 m, has mounted on the parapet of the balcony several huge functional hammers, which strike three times every quarter of an hour.
Level IV offers the possibility to observe in detail the tourist objectives in the central area of ​​the city with the help of a telescope. The access to this level can be done in a number of 5 people due to the limited space.

Information source