Valcea Village Museum - Bujoreni - details and images
In organizing this open air museum, was taken into account several factors constitutive of a village really - the landforms of the area, the border of the hearth and all its elements - depending on which were placed households and community buildings transferred from various Valcea county towns.
The museum is represented by its four sectors.
- Includes a total of 42 units and over 12,000 museum pieces, illustrating the structure of the household, according to traditional occupations: farming, fruit growing, viticulture, livestock or a series of popular crafts and techniques, aiming at the same time, diversity and evolution and planimetric Volumetric the housing with one or more rooms.
In the museum stands in a special pavilion houses th
e ethnographic area Horezu (Măldăreşti municipalities, Stoenesti Mens), specializing in viticulture farms transferred from the Dragasani (Prundeni villages, Olteanca) in fruit growing (Alunu municipalities, Tomsani , Cernisoara) or in animal husbandry in the mountainous area (villages Boisoara, Pascoaia Brezoi).
Along with houses, farms have been transferred in a series of annexes: Patu, warehouses, lanterns, cages for storage of food products or for the growth of birds and animals.
Social Cultural Sector
- The "monuments of public utility" includes a rural primary school in the early twentieth century, from the time of Spiru Haret, an inn in the late nineteenth century village commune Saliste Malai, a wooden church, built in 1785 and transferred from the village of Nicholas Balcescu Stoenesti a swing in the village and in the future the sector will be complemented by a rural municipality, as well as other architectural value targets.
- Shows the processes and techniques popular techniques for processing of raw materials necessary for the advent of tools, pots and other household objects, methods used for fiber processing plant and also for obtaining animals or animal products and vegetables.
In the museum was bought and a series of craft workshops - pottery workshop in central Vladesti (twentieth century), carpentry-joinery workshop (twentieth century) in the village Serbanesti Salatrucel village, goat hair processing workshop (beginning twentieth century), village Court Popesti, and a smithy in the village Prundeni.
I pointed and technical facilities - water mills in the hand and ethnographic Lovište, boilers and brandy from Stoienesti Buda from Costesti Piva, oven dried plum Muiereasca de Sus village, or a series of installations to obtain wine (presses, etc. linuri.) organized in the vineyard farms transferred from towns Mitrofani, Olteanca, Prundeni, Dragasani vineyard area.
The buildings sector
- Represented by several units, illustrating those in the border village in the mountain: road roadside crosses transferred from Govora-village and Feteni, fountains edge, bee hive, a mountain sheepfold Smeurat transferred from, transferred to a vineyard mansion Fartatesti the village, etc. Guard towers.
Valcea valuable folk art is illustrated in the museum by her interior decoration of homes, in the workshops, the textile or ceramic pieces, wood, metal, furniture popular iconography.
* Summer (April-October): Daily 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday closed
* Winter (November-March): daily 10:00 to 5:00 p.m., Monday closed
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.